Thursday, August 27, 2015

At Home Workout

Life as a mom can be pretty busy and sometimes there are days where I don't have energy to go to the gym, so I made a workout that I could do in my living room while Asher was taking his nap. All I have to say is I couldn't walk for a few days afterwards. Typically I would do this workout with a deck of normal playing cards, however, I couldn't find ours so I went for five crowns (which jokes on me, has 5 suits and has 2 of each card. About twice as many cards as a normal deck of cards) Luckily I didn't really think of that until I was laying out the second half of the cards half way through the workout. The nice thing about this workout is the only thing you really need is a jump rope, and if you don't have one of those you can still do it, and a deck of cards. I used my coffee table to do triceps dips.

Here is how it works, for each color (or suit) you have a different workout.

Suited Card: 100 jump ropes
Blue: Squat
Black: Push Up
Yellow: Lunge
Green: Triceps Dips
Red: Sit ups
Joker: Rest



Like I said I used 5 crowns cards, if you use a normal deck of cards you can do a workout according to suit. The number on the card is how many reps you do for that workout. All of the suited cards I did jump roping, I laid the cards out on a table in a random order and began. The workout takes about 50 minutes. The nice thing with this type of workout is that it adds variety and it can be tailored to fit anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment